Key Features & Capabilities
- The ability fo implant from small samples up to 200 and 300 mm wafers with a wide range of ion species
- GaAs and other compound semiconductors are regularly implanted with 28Si, 29Si, Zn, Be, Mg, H, He, and O
- Implant Energies from 1 keV to 200 keV single charged
- Doubly charge species (for 400 keV) are routinely run
- High tilt angles to 89 degrees
- Low temperature implants to LN2 temperatures
- High temperature implants to 650 C and higher
- Process support for: implant recipe generation, pre & post implant processing, and materials characterization
Core's Specialty Implant Service has over 20 years of technology development in the production of non-traditional and exotic ion species utilizing a variety of substrates. This includes a capability to implant into unusual and irregularly shaped substrates with over 70 different ion species.
Dedicated Specialty Tools
- Indium implantation tool for 200 and 300 mm wafers
- Germanium implantation expertise for pre amorphization - 100 to 300 mm wafers
- Dopant-free System for 100 to 150 mm wafers
- Ample data demonstrating contamination control spanning 8 years
- Ideal for pre amorphization and radiation treatment implants
- Dedicated GaAs and other compound semiconductor wafer system
- Fast turnaround for 100 mm wafers
- Dedicated Helium and Hydrogen implantation systems
All Specialty implanters are calibrated to NIST traceable standards.
Standard turn around for Specialty implants is 3-5 days, but with advanced notice, same-day cycle time can be arranged.