200 - 300mm
Wafer Implant Capability
With the addition of two new Axcelis MC3 Medium Current ion implanters, Core has the tools for large-scale production wafer implants.
The MC3 tools feature:
- Proven process capability from 5 - 750 keV
- Exceptional uniformity for Recipe Category high-tilt implants
- Exceptional beam purity throught the Angular Energy Filter
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Our Sunnyvale, CA facility features more than 20 ion implanters operating 24 hours by 7 days a week.The production ion implant clean rooms consist of 2 bays: one for high current ion implanters and one for medium current ion implanters. Each qualified to class 10 protocols with class 1 counts in the working areas. The newest additions to our stable of implanters are the state-of-the-art Axcelis MC3 tools implanting 200 and 300 mm wafers.
Our technology is targeted at serving ion implant requirements for 2 inch to 300mm wafers including: BiPolar and CMOS, GaAs and other compound semiconductor substrates, MEMS, LED's, silicon on insulator and other advanced applications.
Implant Process Capability
|Recipe Category||Tool Type||Species||Energy, keV||Dose, ions/cm2||Notes|
|NV10-80 series||Ar, As, B/BF2, C, F, Ge, H, He, N, O, P, Si||10-80keV||7E14 - 1E16+|
|NV10-160 series||Ar, As, B/BF2, C, F, Ge, H, He, N, O, (P*), Si||10-160keV||7E14 - 1E16+||* Non-P tool|
|MC3s||Ar, As, B/BF2, C, F, Ge, H, He, In, N, O, P, Si||5-750keV||5E11 - 1E15|
|6200 series||Ar, As, B/BF2, Cs, F, O, P , Si||10 - 200 keV||5E11 - 7E14|
|CF Series||Ar, As, B/BF2, F, P||10 - 200 keV||5E11 - 7E14|
- The use of high current vs. mid current tools is loosely based on dose ranges.
Core can use a specified tool type for recipes upon request.
- Exceptional uniformity for Recipe Category high-tilt implants.
- Very high doses (>5E16 ions/cm2) can be accommodated for special needs.